Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

6' x 6' tile size, and Router not turning on.

Posted by Loudon951 
Hi there,

I noticed when running "Cut Circle" or "Cut Rectangle" from the "Cuts" menu that the router doesn't start.

Also, there is a video floating around regarding cutting large things that says to use a 6x6 inch tile. I couldn't get this to work and had to use a 6x8 inch tile. Has something changed?

Cheers.
Hey:
just guessing on the first, if you are using just the advanced mode without any cnc software you probably have to send a code to turn on the router and then another to turn it off?
I find it supper simple to use VCarve pro even for simple hole cutting jobs as get a graphic view of what I am about to do.

As to the second item, I am assuming you are talking about the large area jig. If so, then yes, that video was made using a beta jig, the production jigs cut 6X8.

Hope I have been of some help

M
Re: 6' x 6' tile size, and Router not turning on.
September 01, 2014 03:14PM
For Cut Circle (CC) and Cut Rectangle (CR) commands, you need to manually turn on output 1 before calling the command. You can click the output number in the position window, or you can press Alt+1 on your keyboard. Once the output is on, you can call CC or CR and use the fill-in sheet to enter your values.

Mark has it right about the tile size, 6x8" is current.

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.