Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Easel?

Posted by Bmilanowski 
Easel?
November 23, 2014 03:07PM
Has any one used Inventables Easel with their handibot? How has that worked out? Any particular inconveniences to workout?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 11:40AM by Bmilanowski.
Re: Easel
November 23, 2014 07:33PM
I just tried. It says it is currently in beta for shapeoko 3D users only.

So finding someone with a shapeoko and a handibot might be extremely rare.
Re: Easel?
January 21, 2015 07:57AM
Easel looks interesting and we've looked at it as we think about "project" app development. Hope anybody who puts it to use will keep us all posted here.

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
January 25, 2015 01:13PM
I just tried it and was unable to make Easel work with Handibot.

Once you design something in Easel, you send the design to your machine via Inventable's interface (not unlike using Shopbot 3 to send designs to Handibot/Shopbot). I was unable to export the design to use it with my Handibot and I was unable to use their interface to talk with my Handibot. This was only a cursory attempt, so maybe with some more investigation I might be able to figure something out.
January 25, 2015 03:16PM
My question is why would you want to. We all have VCarve right? Much more power.
January 26, 2015 06:46PM
My reasoning: training wheels. I am learning how to use VCarve, but in the mean time I was going to use Easel to make projects. I understand using VCarve will make me more proficient at VCarve; however, there are some projects that I wanted to complete yesterday. Right now I am attempting the project with VCarve and if that bogs it down, then I am going to my tried and true hand tools.
January 27, 2015 02:51AM
Okay, I can understand 'training wheels', the great thing about Vcarve is you can learn what you need for today and add knowledge as you need it.

Watch this video and just learn how to use profile and pocket for now. You will use these two 98% of the time anyway, just add things as you need them.

[www.youtube.com]

Bmilanowski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My reasoning: training wheels. I am learning how
> to use VCarve, but in the mean time I was going to
> use Easel to make projects. I understand using
> VCarve will make me more proficient at VCarve;
> however, there are some projects that I wanted to
> complete yesterday. Right now I am attempting the
> project with VCarve and if that bogs it down, then
> I am going to my tried and true hand tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.