Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Runtime error

Posted by Mattem 
Runtime error
December 08, 2014 02:55AM
Hi.

I just got my Handibot a few days ago. When i try to use it a window with "runtime error 13" comes up.
I deleted the "spindle control" folder in the registry as the support says.
That did´nt work at all.

Now it says "run time error 6 overflow"

Whats should i do to get i work?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2014 03:01AM by Mattem.
Re: Runtime error
December 08, 2014 10:37AM
Now it says: runtime error 11
December 09, 2014 07:26PM
Try un installing then start fresh with the installation. Have you tried installation on another computer?
December 21, 2014 12:44AM
I just received my HandiBot as well.....tried installing the ShopBotSWSuite on a qualified Laptop with the included thumb drive......same thing. Run-time Error 11. Tried un-installing, reboot, install again....no success, same thing.. Run-time Error 11. Went and bought a brand new laptop....Same thing....Run-time Error 11. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. Just following the steps in the manual. If anyone has also run into this problem, what was your solution? I want to bang out some Christmas gifts :-) Cant wait to start using this thing!

Thanks!
Mark
December 21, 2014 03:00PM
Hi guys,

Turns out that problem is Handibot specific and occasionally shows up if you've never installed any ShopBot software before. There's a release candidate of the ShopBot software that fixes the error that's available at:

http://www.shopbottools.com/files/Setup_sb3_8_28.exe

There's also a workaround that should fix it if you'd prefer. Start the ShopBot software and type "UR" to do a software reset. Answer YES to all the prompts and select the "ShopBot_PRSDesktop2418.sbd" settings file instead of Handibot.

Once it's running, do one more "UR" reset and this time select the correct "Handibot.sbd" settings file. That should fix things without doing a software reinstall.

Hope this helps,
Bill
December 21, 2014 08:24PM
This worked for me. (the Setup_sb3_8_28.exe)

Thanks Bill !

Mark
March 11, 2015 12:16PM
Hi guys,

I have the same problem "runtime error 13" comes up when i try to use.
I installed Setup_sb3_8_28.exe, but did not work.

Any idea what can I do?

I am sending an printscreen of the error
Attachments:
open | download - error run time.jpg (176.6 KB)
March 12, 2015 09:13AM
Hi Lacer,

We're sorry you're having a bit of trouble.

Try to disable any anti-virus/security software before installing. Also, make sure the User Account Control Settings in Windows are set to ‘Never Notify’.

Try those two things and let us know how it goes.

-admin@Handibot.com
March 12, 2015 01:37PM
Just try it. But I am still having the same trouble. Run time error 13: Type Mismatch.
March 13, 2015 11:25AM
Hi Lacer,

If you can give me a call at ShopBot sometime today, I'm hoping I can step through with you and figure it out. Shouldn't happen...

Thanks,

=Ted

March 17, 2015 11:18AM
Thanks Ted for the reply,
I guess I should have introduced myself in another topic.
I am part of a FabLab in Brazil, and we get (I think) the first handibot in our country.
Because of that maybe a conference call by skype can be a better solution or a live chat.

I look forward any other suggestions winking smiley
March 17, 2015 10:16PM
Hi Lacer,

Sure we can try skype, hangout or facetime. Let me know by messaging me here ...

Meanwhile, here is the problem, I believe.

We screwed up by adding a manipulation in the settings file for Handibots in the 3.8.26 software. It was intended to standardize the XY zero offset for Handibots. Unfortunately, on computers that have never run the ShopBot software, it does not work correctly ... (it's just a sequence thing, but we missed it because, naturally, our computers have all run ShopBots...).

So... normally to fix it, do a UR and load the Desktop configuration. Then do a UR again and load the Handibot configuration. You are good after that. Or, download the 3.8.28 software that is on the website but not publicly linked yet. It has been corrected.

Two further thoughts:

* It may be necessary to first delete the C:/Program Data/ShopBot/ShopBot 3/ShopBot.ini file
** It's possible the error you are having is not due to this, but to the fact that you have a computer that is not configured for English (and thus has a confusion in some situations with "," and ".". The way to fix this is to create a logon in which you configure Windows for English.

Hopefully these suggestions will help ... else, let's try skype.

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
April 24, 2015 04:51AM
Ted Hall
So... normally to fix it, do a UR and load the Desktop configuration

Having the same problem here and because I am a new user and just reading through the manual. This is the first time I am running the ShotBot 3 software. I'm at the point of trying to load the settings when the error occurs. So far, I haven't come across any documentation or opportunity to enter commands. Can you explain what you mean when you say "just do a UR"?

Also, that link to the release candidate...
[www.shopbottools.com]
...is not working.

Thanks,
Jerome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 04:59AM by waterjerome.
Attachments:
open | download - handibot-settings-error.jpg (19.6 KB)
open | download - handibot-website-error.jpg (228 KB)
April 24, 2015 06:10AM
FIXED!!!
Yay, it's working.

Here is what I figured out to solve the problem being a first time SB installer and of not having the version of the fixed SB software 3_8_28 available.

It's actually quick and easy.

Since its your first time and since it gave you an error when you selected the "Handibot.sbd" file, try again and this time, as Bill Young suggests, choose the ShopBot_PRSDesktop2418.sbd file.

Now the SB software will open without the error and now you have the ability to run the "UR" command so you can get the proper settings profile loaded. To do so:

1. Switch from the default view which is "easy" mode in the SB software by clicking the light blueish "?" button in the lower half of the window.
2. Now when presented with the dialog click the "Switch to Full" button. Click OK.
3. Now you can type "UR" in the Command line at the top. Yes, you are sure.
4. NOW you can choose the correct file for the Handibot.

Hope that helps, thanks Bill Young and everyone else for your comments here.
April 24, 2015 06:13AM
(now he reads ahead in the manual and see's all the clues needed) smiling smiley

Doh!
April 24, 2015 06:19PM
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for stepping through the workflow with us ... not sure it ever occurred to us that in the EASY Mode in which the software starts, the full documentation is not available -- and of course, it's not clear that you need to switch to the full version of the interface to make sense of it all!

**ALSO note that the release candidate is now Sb3.8.30. I expect it will be the public link on the ShopBot web page on Monday or Tuesday.

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.