Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Beginner's Resources?

Posted by Bmilanowski 
Beginner's Resources?
January 04, 2015 11:49AM
Are there any resources you recommend for a beginner getting into CNC and CAD? The last time I did any work in CNC or CAD was in college and that was a while ago. I want to get back into it with a Handibot, but admittedly I am not sure where to begin. Are there beginner projects to help teach fundamentals of CAD and CNC? I appreciate any suggestions to send me in the right direction.
Re: Beginner's Resources?
January 05, 2015 02:49AM
There is so much that I am hard pressed to say.

I'd say download the trial version of VCarve Pro and start learning it. You could also get Sketchup and get started with it.

The big problem is that like welding there is only so much you can do until you get a torch.
January 16, 2015 11:19AM
I've posted a bunch of tutorials here:

Handibot Tutorials

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2015 11:25AM by Eric Schimelpfenig.
January 17, 2015 12:08PM
Eric,
your link failed to show up.
January 18, 2015 11:26AM
Fixed it, thanks Mark!
January 19, 2015 03:08PM
Thanks for your blog, Eric! Looks like it will be a valuable resource.
January 21, 2015 07:44AM
I just posted this in another thread, but it may be useful for your question here:

""For those interested in the Vectric CAD/CAM design software that we have been providing with Handibots, because Handibots work exactly as small ShopBots, all the training and documentation on the ShopBot website applies. In particular, there are some great webinars on using the V-carve software that will apply directly to Handibots.

Recently, Core77 has produced a series of "getting started in CNC" videos that make use of both the Vectric software and ShopBot Desktop tool ... I think you will find this all very helpful on the software side. And, the Vectric site itself has wonderful tutorials and a helpful forum.""

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
January 25, 2015 01:14PM
Thank you for the resources, Ted!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.