Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

USB to Ethernet Adapter or Conversion to GRBL Anyone

Posted by geofredo 
Hello there,

I was curious if anyone has found a reliable source of the difficult-to-find usb to ethernet adapter needed to convert a wireless handibot into a more secure-connection wired option?

Alternatively, does anyone have a part list for what is needed to convert the handibot to be able to run GRBL? Perhaps this would be a better longer term decision due to open source community support, etc. This youtube video has some of the info needed but figured I'd inquire on here first before attempting a diy solution: [www.youtube.com]
I was lucky enough to get an ethernet adapter through HandiBot, because I could not find one and the machine AP-mode/WiFi was not working.

Watching the video I was curious of a few things:

- Where did he find the pin configuration for the 37-pin connector?
- I pretty sure FabMo supports G-code, which was the justification for the controller change. (To be clear I have never tried generic G-code)

That said, with the 37-pin configuration it should be pretty straightforward to replace the FabMo, but be forwarded the FabMo supports 6-axises, 5-axises are used in the HandiBot, I am currently using all of them. 5 or 6-axises GRBL controllers are not common but do exist.

What would be more interesting would be if ShopBot would document the Raspberry Pi upgrade they use in their DeskTop CNC.

Good luck,

M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.